What is the Best Scope for .308 Rifle
For you to unlock the potential of a .308 rifle for long range shooting, you have to use an ideal scope. With the best scope, you can be sure that your results will be impressive. However, you must know which rifle scope is best for the rifle. This article narrows down your search by giving you the top five best scopes to use. Before getting into the details of the scopes, it is essential to get some information about your .308 rifle.
A quick overview of the .308 rifle. Hunters and shooters really love the .308 . It is not just economical but comes with a manageable recoil. Users can hunt both large and medium sized games. However, its performance cannot be compared to other larger caliber rifles. In this respect, choosing an ideal scope will ensure that the shots are optimal.Things to consider before choosing the best scope for a .308. The most important element is accuracy and if you can reach shots of 300 yards, the better. The best scope is one that is clear and ensures stellar visibility over long distances. The scope must be of high quality with helpful features and specifications. In addition, you want a scope that is both affordable and value for money. Below is a list of excellent scopes for a .308.
5.UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope
4.Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm
3.Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope BDC
2.Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 Scope
1.Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 Dead-Hold
5. UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope
This scope stands out from the rest because of its unique features. All the specifications work to make it an awesome long range scope with great accuracy and precision. Therefore, for hunters and shooters, this is a very reliable option compatible with the .308 rifle.
The scope is fitted with excellent features but does not cost an arm or a leg.
Has 36-color Mil-dot, Rings
- The product is waterproof, dust-proof, shockproof and fog proof.- IE technology makes this scope and all-weather device.
- Easy to use owing to lockable re-settable turrets.
- Users can magnify from 3 to 12 times making it ideal for long range shooting.- Comes with a side wheel adjustment turret which is optional.
- Reticle comes in the mil-dots style. Can be used for short or long range targets no matter the condition.
Some users have a problem with the hard side turret adjustment knob.- Heavy for users who prefer a lightweight scope.
4. Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm
- Precision is greatly enhanced owing to the BDC Nikon reticle. Hunters are able to hold at the spot at an awesome range. The BDC features see-through ballistic circles that are excellent for long range shooting.
- The high quality glass provides for bright crisp pictures. The optics feature a multi-coated layer of anti-reflective compounds. Light transmission is also greatly enhanced.
- The hand adjustment features are easy to use. Users are able to maintain the setting even with heavy recoil.- Spot on ballistic match technology ensures better precision.- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Eye relief is pretty short- Reticle not illuminated- Scope comes with no rings
3. Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope , BDC 800
This is a dynamic tactical scope that is packed with excellent features for optimal precision. It is ideal for the .308 rifle and comes at a great price. Below are the benefits of the scope.
The light transmission is excellent and this is because of the multi-coated optics. Can be used comfortably during the day up until dusk.
- Has tactical turrets that can be reset to zero.- Ideal for long range applications thanks to the oversized lens and the large magnification range.
- The scope is fog-proof, waterproof and shockproof. This goes a long way to make it durable.
- The BDC 800 reticle is easy to use up to 200 yards.
- Very affordable and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- May be too much for those who are not looking for tactical long range attributes.
2. Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 Scope
This is a highly suitable scope for long range users who are demanding. It delivers exceptional tactical optics giving users an option for green Fire Dot illumination for daylight visibility.
- The chances of thermal shock are greatly reduced owing to the argon and krypton gas blend feature that is exclusive.
- Users can identify magnification with a touch thanks to the tactical power selector feature.- The one inch main-tube is highly durable.
- The lens remains optimally clear owing to the multi-coated lens system. Even in low light conditions, the picture or image will be bright. Needles to say it comes with an illuminated reticle.
- Provides great value for money.
- Some users might find it too lightweight.
1. Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12x40 Dead-Hold
It does not matter what you are hunting because this scope is highly versatile. It is both waterproof and shockproof owing to the durable aluminum construction. The images are crisp and this can be attributed to the multi-coated lenses that increase the light transmission. The Dead-Hold BDC recticle plays a crucial role for optimal precision. The features below showcase the pros of the scope.
- The scope performs exceptionally and is incredibly durable. This is because it is made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- There is greater accuracy because the user is able to estimate the range, holdover and drift of wind. The second focal plane reticle is responsible for this at the highest magnification.
- Enhanced adjustment ability ensures that the user taps into great precision. The turrets are capped which makes re-indexing the turret to zero possible.- For those who are shooting or hunting in harsh conditions, this scope provides for smooth magnification. This is because the scope is fitted with a Precision-Glide Erector System.
- Reticle focusing is made really fast by the focus eyepiece. This enables better, more accurate results.- Users can look forward to no fogging because of the argon gas purging.- The scope is ideal for all manner of long range applications including big game, predator and muzzle loader.
- This scope comes with an unlimited warranty for a lifetime.
- At high zooms, the cross hairs might compromise the image clarity.
- Parallax is fixed at 100 yards and is therefore limited.
- Eye relief not suitable for high caliber rifles.
All the scopes above are ideal for your .308 rifle. Choose the features and characteristics that work best for you. The Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm stands out as a superior scope if you are looking for extra precision and dynamic features.